Spring is right around this corner and, so, it is time to start thinking about the outdoor Pickleball season at our new Royal Gardens courts. Our goal for 2018 is to provide you with the best Pickleball playing experience possible.
Key elements of the new season will include:
1. a playing schedule which provides fun competitive and recreational opportunities for players of all abilities
2. And, for those wanting to improve their game, a skills development program for of all levels
Our 2018 court schedule will include:
Round Robin Play:where each player meets other players in turn.
1. Round Robin Play- open
2. Round Robin Play - by skill level
Drop-in Play - where courts are available and open to all skill levels and for groups on a drop in basis
Ladder Play- where your ranking on a ladder is based upon your winning percentage. Players will move up or down the ladder based upon their percentage.
Interclub Play- where you play with other clubs in Edmonton and surrounding area.
A Skills Development Program – where the plan is in the drawing board stage of development, so please let us know what you think about it! Here’s what we’re thinking the program could include:
1. Orientation to Pickleball – will be delivered once a week. It will be free to members and delivered by Glenn and Lynne Vickers.
2. The “Wannabe” Program. This skill development program is for those who want to improve their skills to another level. For example, you may be a level 2.0 player and want to improve to a level 2.5, or a level 3.0 “wannabe” 3.5 and so on all the way up to “wannabe” level 5.0.
It will be delivered by well- respected, local certified IFPTA instructors. There will be several sessions in each series, some delivered in the daytime and some in the evening. Participants in these sessions will pay a fee directly to the instructors.
Please tell us what you think about this plan. Would you participate? At which level “Wannabe”?
What changes do you suggest to any of our plans? Remember that we want to give what you would like. Please send your ideas to me email@example.com
Pickleball Club is a registered non-profit organization in Alberta.
Postal address: c/o 304 Caldwell Close NW, Edmonton AB, Canada T6M 2W9